Youve just got Concussion8 Apr 2014
A couple of weeks ago I fell backwards off my wheelchair and smacked my head on the bathroom tiles.
It was a pretty bad fall which has had me worried for some time as I felt I may have dislodged some marbles. I kept being told by doctors that I had concussion and it is not until doing some research for this article that I decided to look up the symptoms of concussion.
The ten symptoms are as follows:
1. Headaches – Check, I was waiting for my head to explode. So glad it didn't
2. Decreased Cognitive Function – Check, I could not put 2 thoughts together and work pressure was way too much.
3. Lack of Coordination – can't say yes to this one as I lack coordination!
4. Pupil Dilation – No, they were ok!
5. Nausea – Check, I thought I was out at sea often.
6. Blurred Vision – Check, focus was hard
7. Bruising – Check, kept asking my friends to bring along the bacon to have with the ‘egg' on my head!
8. Emotional Outbursts – Check, I kept my freak outs quiet, but I was anxious and panicky.
9. Slurred Speech – Check, I was talking reeeaaaall sloooow!
10. Disrupted Sleep Patterns – Check, I wanted to sleep lots.
So, my concussion symptoms were 8 out of 10 I could say yes too. I wanted to share these symptoms so if you bump your head and get to enjoy these experiences, you are not going mad or losing your mind. You've just got concussion!
Please see your doctor if you bump your head anyway – its important to get checked out by a professional!